How To Lobby For The Equality Act
Equality for LGBTQ people is about basic human values and needs: the ability of everyday Americans to pursue health and happiness, earn a living, be safe in their communities, serve their country, and take care of the ones they love.
The Equality Act would provide national, consistent non-discrimination protections for LGBTQ people in all aspects of life, including employment, housing, credit, education, federally funded programs, public spaces, and jury service. It would amend current civil rights laws to explicitly prohibit discrimination against the LGBTQ community and strengthen non-discrimination protections for women and other minorities.
Our toolkit below has everything you need to take action in the fight for equality
- Learn how to set up a visit with your representative and encourage them to pass this legislation.
- Craft your story about the need for equality by following our worksheet prompts.
- Use our "template letter" to create a personalized letter to mail to your representatives.
- Use our "click and send letter" to send a pre-written letter to your representatives electronically.
- Post about the Equality Act on social media.